Lock membership

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
longc

Lock membership

Post by longc »

I am fairly new here and can not seem to find a good place to post this question so I thought I might start here.

My Bishop has asked me to put a "Do not move" flag on a membership.

How do I do this??

Thanks!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Lock membership

Post by aebrown »

You can do this in MLS by putting a move restriction on the record.

I believe the capability to do this with Clerk Resources on LDS.org was recently added, but since I'm not a clerk at the ward level, I can't give you details.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:You can do this in MLS by putting a move restriction on the record.

I believe the capability to do this with Clerk Resources on LDS.org was recently added, but since I'm not a clerk at the ward level, I can't give you details.
I think this was part of the recent Beta release of Clerk Resources but that beta was withdrawn and isn't available right now. The ability to set a move restriction is not available in the current release.

So currently the only way to do it is by contacting LUS as described in the wiki page the aebrown linked to.
arthurjames27@gmail.com

Post by arthurjames27@gmail.com »

Please there is lock on my membership record number, how do remove it
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

arthurjames27@gmail.com wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:07 pm Please there is lock on my membership record number, how do remove it
What do you mean by "Lock"? If you're having problems with setting up your account, look here: PLEASE READ FIRST: Answers to Most Church Account Problems.

For anything else, you'll have to work with your bishop. This is a community group. No one here can do anything about your situation other than to point you in the right direction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”