Volume discount for Microsoft Office

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
gregcamie

Volume discount for Microsoft Office

Post by gregcamie »

I understand that Microsoft office is not a recommended software for clerk computers. Our stake however uses some very complicated spreadsheets that are best used in Microsoft Excel.

Our stake has made the decision to continue to use MS office.

Is there a way I can purchase MS office at the discounted price for non profit organizations as well as the discounted price for volume licensing established for the church?

The price difference is quite substantial and is worth the hassel to get this done.

Thanks for your help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Volume discount for Microsoft Office

Post by jdlessley »

There is a discussion about this in the Microsoft Office License for MLS computers thread. This post in that thread provides some interesting information. The thread is over two years old so the information may be stale or may have changed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

If you want I can migrate your spreadsheet to LibreOffice. Since it will be a free service, you can spare that money for other more important issue for your stake, expecialy for members!
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

gregcamie wrote:I understand that Microsoft office is not a recommended software for clerk computers. Our stake however uses some very complicated spreadsheets that are best used in Microsoft Excel.

Our stake has made the decision to continue to use MS office.

Is there a way I can purchase MS office at the discounted price for non profit organizations as well as the discounted price for volume licensing established for the church?

The price difference is quite substantial and is worth the hassel to get this done.

Thanks for your help.
You have to buy the charity version.

All that you need is here... http://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 4b7#p96004
Roland

Return to “Clerk Computers”