Leader in unit with multiple stakes accessing LDStools info

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
n7lkn

Leader in unit with multiple stakes accessing LDStools info

Post by n7lkn »

I am the Branch President of a Spanish Branch that comprises 5 stakes. In LDS tools, I see the info for the members of my Branch and for the units that are in my Host stake. Since I am always trying to contact Brothers y Sisters that are in the wards & Stakes that are outside of my Home Stake, but yet still part of my geographical Branch boundary; is it possible to make a request to have my access to these other units? I am frequently trying to contact these people who are not actually members of my unit, to have them help with rides, missionary visits, youth, etc.

What I do now is go into the Directory of Church Leaders thru Lds.org, find the ward's bishop and call him to get the person's information.
I was looking to see if this has topic had been covered before, and couldn't see it. Thanks very much.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Leader in unit with multiple stakes accessing LDStools i

Post by jdlessley »

LDS Tools reflects the capabilities of the online Directory. Currently it is not possible to view another stake's/unit's Directory unless you hold an out of unit leader position in that stake/unit.
n7lkn wrote:...is it possible to make a request to have my access to these other units?
Out of unit leaders can view the Directory for their service unit and stake as well as their home unit and stake. That appears to be the only way to view the Directory for other than your own stake and unit.

I do not know if a member can be an out of unit leader for multiple units. I have not heard of that being done. And I don't know if the Directory can handle a member as an out of unit leader for more than one service unit/stake.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That kind of feature would be dependent on the Priesthood Department's approval. It's not up to the developers to grant permissions to see the membership of other stakes. I think you need to run this up to the stake/district leader to discuss the matter with the area authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

n7lkn wrote:What I do now is go into the Directory of Church Leaders thru Lds.org, find the ward's bishop and call him to get the person's information.
This does seem to be the only way to do what you need to do currently. One suggestion, though: In cases where you can, please start by calling the ward clerk. As Elder Nelson likes to say, "They [we] can help!" :)

Return to “Member Tools”