Extra copier in clerk's office

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

We solved the problem of having no copier in the clerk office by putting in a small printer with copy capabilities. At a stake leadership meeting with the stake clerk I asked if there was anyway to get a printer that would also have copy capabilities, as there are many times I need a copy of a bill before I send a payment out. The stake Tech Staff found me a HP F300 series desk-jet printer and put it in for me, not sure where it came from but I'm guessing it was donated by the STS in our ward. Its not hooked to the printer as we only use it to make copies, one of the best thing we did.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:We solved the problem of having no copier in the clerk office by putting in a small printer with copy capabilities. [...] The stake Tech Staff found me a HP F300 series desk-jet printer and put it in for me, not sure where it came from but I'm guessing it was donated by the STS in our ward.
I'm sure that's handy, but it could get interesting when it dies. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Re: Extra copier in clerk's office

Post by Gary_Miller »

russellhltn wrote:I'm sure that's handy, but it could get interesting when it dies. ;)
When it dies its just a quick trip to the dumpster, then a trip to the DI for another cheap printer copier.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:then a trip to the DI for another cheap printer copier.
On whose dime? :D
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Gary_Miller wrote:When it dies its just a quick trip to the dumpster, then a trip to the DI for another cheap printer copier.
What is the DI?

(Just kidding, but I figure there are a lot of folks here who have no idea what Deseret Industries is or does.)
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

russellhltn wrote:On whose dime? :D
I don't think it really matters we all know that its not an approved printer for the clerks office that's why we don't hook it up to the computer. Its only there for convenience since our media center is upstairs in our building. And a printer/copier from the thrift store is only about $15 dollars.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: Note that this topic is in the " Computers, Printers, Networking, and Electronics" forum. It was split out from the How to pay tithing online? topic because there began to be a discussion of the issue of having an extra copier in the clerk's office, and how to deal with that hardware. If you want to discuss the issues around the donation process, please post in that original topic. If you want to discuss the copier, how it is paid for, maintained, and replaced, please post in this topic. Thank you.]
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Gary_Miller wrote:
russellhltn wrote:On whose dime? :D
Its only there for convenience since our media center is upstairs in our building.
No longer the clerk, but this would have been very helpful for us. Our Media Center is not far away, but the Clerks in the 3 units in our building do not have a key - the last time the building was re-keyed, the Stake told us it was FM policy that Clerks did not get a key to the media center. My argument of "it doesn't make sense to have the bishop standing in the media center making his copies when a clerk could do that" went nowhere. Funny, part of the reasoning for the arrangement was having keys in control of the one issued to but now the Ward Exec. Secretary just borrows the Bishop's key to make copies for him... :confused:

And before anyone jumps on my statement about "FM Policy" - that is the excuse we were given by the Stake Executive Secretary when he issued the new keys. We didn't question it anymore after the Stake told us to leave it alone. I am well aware that this may be true in your area.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Dave that was also one of the problems we had. The Bishopric, Clerk and Exe Sec all had a key that worked in the library as well. However the Assistant Clerks did not which meant I as finance clerk could not make copies needed when I was at the building working alone. I have since received a Key but the copier in the clerks office is a huge benefit in the office.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Gary, nice to know I'm not the only one to see disconnect in this when the Church counsel is for the Bishop to delegate as much as he can. In our case, only the following have keys to the Media Center:
- Bishop
- Bishop Counselors
- Seminary Teachers
- Librarians
- SS President (I think)
- Full Time Missionaries (Not on the Key Issue list, but the Bishop gave them our only spares to the outside doors and Media Center when they asked.)

I can see how a small copier in the clerk's office can be a big help. In my case, I just had to print multiple copies whenever that option was available or else ask one of the Bishop's counselors to get the copy since we usually needed them when the Media Center was not open. It caused wasted time, but we worked around it.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”