Gospel Library on the Nook HD+ w/2.1.0 firmware?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
gbennett0321

Gospel Library on the Nook HD+ w/2.1.0 firmware?

Post by gbennett0321 »

Has anyone successfully ran the Gospel Library on the Nook HD+ with the latest 2.1.0 firmware? I can install the Gospel Library, but once running it continually tries to sync the catalog and fails, which in turn causes it to try to sync again, and on and on..... Eventually the app will crash or hang. I noticed on the Google Play store that a couple other people have the same issue as me.

Has anyone been successful in running the app on the Nook HD+? If so, I would be interested in learning how you managed to do it.

Thanks
jshearne09

Re: Gospel Library on the Nook HD+ w/2.1.0 firmware?

Post by jshearne09 »

I also have had the same problem with my Nook HD. Barnes and Noble no longer had the app on their store, i got mine off google play. It continue to try to update the catalog, but keeps failing. The only thing that has worked with it is syncing the annotations. I havent been able to find anything. I hope it gets fixed.
lowcam

Post by lowcam »

Same here, new Nook HD upgraded to firmware 2.1.0 and I get the same loop.
rmarjohnson

Post by rmarjohnson »

I just got the Nook HD on Monday - couldn't get it to sync other than my annotations. I love my Nook Color but my husband would like one too so I thought I would upgrade and give him the color. If I can't have the Gospel Library my only other choice is an IPad Mini. How can we get help???!!!
chadtalbot

Post by chadtalbot »

I also recently got a Nook HD+ (2.1.0) and I'm having the same issue. When I open the app a notification appears at the bottom of the screen saying the catalog could not be updated, but the app tries over and over to update until it crashes or freezes.

On https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Android_Sideloading in the device instructions it says:
Nook Color

Barnes & Noble disallows installing unofficial packages on the nook color device. We are hoping our application will be available in the B&N market soon. Until then our apps won't work on unrooted nook color devices.

The Gospel Library app is in the Nook App Store now.
But when I search for it on B&N under Nook apps it isn't listed:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/lds?dre ... =NOOKSTORE

Any help is greatly appreciated.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chadtalbot wrote:On https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Android_Sideloading in the device instructions it says:
The Gospel Library app is in the Nook App Store now.
The edit that added that sentence you quote was made on 25 Oct 2012 by a Tfkirby, and that was (and still is) his only contribution to the LDSTech wiki. That certainly makes me wonder how reliable the statement is.

And it's also possible that it was valid then (over 6 months ago), but at some point became invalid, and no one bothered to update the wiki. Note that the wiki is maintained by the community, and is only as accurate as the community makes it.
chadtalbot

Post by chadtalbot »

aebrown wrote:The edit that added that sentence you quote was made on 25 Oct 2012 by a Tfkirby, and that was (and still is) his only contribution to the LDSTech wiki. That certainly makes me wonder how reliable the statement is.

And it's also possible that it was valid then (over 6 months ago), but at some point became invalid, and no one bothered to update the wiki. Note that the wiki is maintained by the community, and is only as accurate as the community makes it.
All very good points. I should have looked at the history before quoting it, apologies. :o
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
joslinphiliprussell1

Post by joslinphiliprussell1 »

We just purchased a Nook HD and are having the same problem with the catalog stuck in updating. We had to finally uninstall the gospel library app to get it to stop. Is anyone in the Church software department aware of this and looking into it? Thanks.
sharlen3

Post by sharlen3 »

In case anyone is interested, I emailed from the app itself about the problem on May 5. They assigned a ticket number ([#687421] Bug Report for Gospel Library Android) and said a developer will take a look at it.
julieguyant

Post by julieguyant »

I am having the same problem. It was working until just a few days ago and now it is in the endless loop that says it can't update or whatever. I hope the problem gets fixed soon. I finally had to uninstall the app.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”