Delegate edit privilages

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mikelott1922

Delegate edit privilages

Post by mikelott1922 »

Our quorum has used the lesson portion with great success over the past year. As an EQ president I would like to deligate all the responsibilities of teaching assignments over to one of my counselors. Alas, we(the bishop and I) have not found a way to allow my counselor access to the lessons portion with edit privilages similar or the same as the EQP. Are we missing something? Is there some way that deligation of these duties can be accomplished?

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Delegate edit privilages

Post by jdlessley »

According to Rights and Roles of Lesson Schedules help the counselors as well as the secretary of an organization have the same edit rights as the organization president. There is no action required for these permissions. There is also no way to give others these same edit rights.

You did not mention whether the counselor has tried to edit the class. If he did try, what did he do and what happened?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mikelott1922

Post by mikelott1922 »

My counselor has tried. He does not have privileges beyond any other member of the quorum.(read only)

"Organization leaders, such as elders quorum presidents and Sunday School presidents, as well as their counselors and secretaries, have rights to add classes for their organization but not events."

...I think that the edit events is the trouble... not the class. The class, Elders Quorum, is already set up. Handbook 2 section 7.3.2 seems to be quite clear that overseeing instruction in the quorum can be delegated to a counselor. Editing an event(weekly lesson) I view as a key function in this delegation. Perhaps this is not the case from the programmers perspective!?
Last edited by mikelott1922 on Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mikelott1922 wrote:...I think that the edit events is the trouble... not the class. The class, Elders Quorum, is already set up.
Only administrators can add or edit events. Not even the Elders Quorum president can do that.

Since the class is already set up, then the only editing that may be needed is the details of the lessons and adding/editing instructors.
mikelott1922 wrote:My counselor has tried. He does not have privileges beyond any other member of the quorum.(read only)
So he has gone to the Elders Quorum class, clicked "View Year" and there is no edit icon (pencil & paper icon) to the left of each lesson?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mikelott1922

Post by mikelott1922 »

I will double check with him and post back tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick responses.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mikelott1922 wrote:My counselor has tried. He does not have privileges beyond any other member of the quorum.(read only)
Ask the clerk to verify that your counselor's calling has been entered as a Standard Position in MLS. Custom positions, even if they have the same name, do not have any rights to on-line resources.

mikelott1922 wrote:...I think that the edit events is the trouble
Events are things like stake conference and general conference that preempts/disrupts the lesson schedule. They are scheduled by the admins. I think you'll find that you can't do them either. So it's no surprise that the counselor can't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mikelott1922

Post by mikelott1922 »

He checked today and was able to make changes to lessons.-thanks ALL for helping sort this out!

Return to “Lesson Schedules”