Do You Have a Good Idea to Share?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
michaelfish

Do You Have a Good Idea to Share?

Post by michaelfish »

While visiting our neighboring stake's conference, I've discovered they have some great ideas. We could all benefit from a good idea so if you have a one (or can think of one) which others can benefit from, please add it to this thread.

For example, the Driftwood Stake in Mesa, AZ
  • * Passes out the hearing assisted listening receivers during Stake Conference to High Councilors assigned to parking lot duty so they can listen!

* Have custom podium extensions which slide on on either side (which match the podium and were authorized) and provide extra surface area for a projector, laptop, etc.

* They use a Ruku box to play Mormon Messages while newly baptized members get dried and changed. They expressed it significantly adds to the spirituality of baptisms.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: There is a great deal of potential for this thread to fork into many directions as well as stray from the focus ("Conversations around connecting buildings for audio, video and data communications.") of the Building-to-Building Communications forum.

It is a purpose of the LDSTech Forum to promote the sharing of ideas. However, the broad request for ideas by the OP will make it difficult to guide the discussion of this thread along a single topic as well as remaining clear and concise as required by the Code of Conduct. Please keep that in mind when responding to the general request for ideas. If necessary, start a new thread and refer to, or link to, this thread.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
michaelfish

Re: Do You Have a Good Idea to Share?

Post by michaelfish »

Regarding "...ideas" thread. I thought the best place for the thread would be under Building-to-Building Communications because the is the closest subject to Stake Conference in which to ask for ideas relating to Stake Conference. I am now embarrassed to be warned about the code of conduct.

Please delete the entire thread...MF
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I really like this idea of some collection of good ideas. If this will go against the Code of Conduct is there a better medium to share these kinds of ideas? Maybe a wiki talk page? What about replying to this forum thread and if there are enough ideas then splitting similar ones out to their own thread with a link in this thead?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JonesRK wrote:If this will go against the Code of Conduct...
Collecting the ideas is not against the Code of Conduct. We just need to keep thread topics focused on a single topic and in the best forum based on the topic. Collecting the ideas such as the three mentioned in the OP really do not fit in the forum this thread is currently in.

Threads need to remain focused on a single topic to make it easier for users to follow and respond. Having multiple topics breaking out within a thread can become confusing. Additionally, there can be difficulty in determining what topic a post is addressing or what other post a followon post is referencing.
JonesRK wrote:... is there a better medium to share these kinds of ideas? Maybe a wiki talk page?
Perhaps the moderators and admins need to discuss this in the Moderator Training & Chat forum.
JonesRK wrote:What about replying to this forum thread and if there are enough ideas then splitting similar ones out to their own thread with a link in this thead?
This is not the normal process for topic discussion. This creates problems of its own both for the moderators/admins and users/posters. As I stated above, i think this issue should be discussed in the Moderator Training & Chat forum.

I have started a thread for the mods/admins to continue discussing how to handle this.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”