Defaults

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lolawade

Defaults

Post by lolawade »

When new members come into our ward, it automatically assigns them to either Elders Quorum or High Priests Group. However, sometimes it places them in the wrong quorum. Is there a way to change the default settings?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Defaults

Post by aebrown »

lolawade wrote:When new members come into our ward, it automatically assigns them to either Elders Quorum or High Priests Group. However, sometimes it places them in the wrong quorum. Is there a way to change the default settings?
There's no way to change the way the assignments are made. But I'm curious what you mean by "wrong quorum." Are you talking about people who actually hold the office of Elder or High Priest, according to their membership records? If so, I've never heard of that problem, and it would be a significant bug that should be reported and fixed.

If you're talking about people who do not hold the Melchizedek Priesthood, then it's not as obvious what the correct behavior is. MLS defaults to sending such brethren to the High Priests Group, which is a reasonable choice, in my opinion. Then if the bishop and the priesthood leaders think he would be better served by the Elders Quorum, it's easy enough to move him to that organization.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”