Allow Members to have access to the calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
msdiaz

Allow Members to have access to the calendar

Post by msdiaz »

I´m a secretary on a district and i resently started to use the calendar, I want to add the branch presidents to have access to the District calendar, but they not appear in the list when I look up for them by their names or callings, in fact when I start typing a list of members names its displayed, and this members dont even have a calling nor in the district or in their respective branch.
Does anyone know if theres a way to give rights to other members that doesnt appear on the list?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Allow Members to have access to the calendar

Post by aebrown »

steefdiaz wrote:I´m a secretary on a district and i resently started to use the calendar, I want to add the branch presidents to have access to the District calendar, but they not appear in the list when I look up for them by their names or callings, in fact when I start typing a list of members names its displayed, and this members dont even have a calling nor in the district or in their respective branch.
First of all, if you create a public calendar, then every member of your district has the option to subscribe to that calendar. You don't have to select people specifically to give them viewing permissions.

On the other hand, if you need to create a private calendar, then you do need to give specific people permission to view and/or edit the calendar. You can do so by calling or by name, but there are limitations:
  • Callings can only be standard callings at the district (stake) level -- you cannot choose callings at the branch (ward) level.
  • When you choose people by name, you can only choose people who have set their visibility in the Directory tool to be District (Stake) Visibility. If you live in a country that defaults to "Private -- Leadership Only" visibility, then that list will probably be rather short. If you want to choose your branch presidents, then you would need to make sure that their visibility is set to District (Stake) Visibility. Then you could choose them by name to view or edit a private calendar.

Return to “Calendar”