Links appear in German

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
AileneRHerrick

Links appear in German

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I am the ward website administrator in my ward. I noticed tonight that when logging into the Newsletter, things change to German. "New Article", "Categories", etc... all appear in their German words.
AileneRHerrick

Re: Links appear in German

Post by AileneRHerrick »

This also occurs on the calendar. Even when I try to change it back to English, it appears in German.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

AileneRHerrick wrote:I am the ward website administrator in my ward. I noticed tonight that when logging into the Newsletter, things change to German. "New Article", "Categories", etc... all appear in their German words.
Log into your LDS account (ldsaccount.lds.org) and verify that the language setting is correct.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

techgy wrote:Log into your LDS account (ldsaccount.lds.org) and verify that the language setting is correct.
Yes, it appears as English, as it should. LDS.org usually appears in English, until I try to go to the calendar or newsletter.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I should also mention that I am able to revert the directory and calendar back to English, but not the Newsletter. When trying to revert to English on the Newsletter, I am redirected to the LDS.org homepage, after which I try to access the newsletter, which again appears in German.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Try clearing the browser cache and delete cookies and try again.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdlessley wrote:Try clearing the browser cache and delete cookies and try again.
I cleared the browser cache and cookies in Safari, and the Newsletter links still appear in German.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Didn't you also mention about getting a German error message in a post in the Newsletter forum?

For a long time it seemed that Spanish was the mystery language that showed up unexpectedly. Maybe now it's German? Does this routinely occur in both web browsers? Have you tried other computers? Do you ever get German on lds.org pages when you're not logged in with your LDS Account?

I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue that's somehow associated with your login or computer or just random mysteries.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

mevans wrote:I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue that's somehow associated with your login or computer or just random mysteries.
I'm not sure, it appears to be working now!
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Looks like the German got passed to me... :) I just selected "Newsletter" from my Tools link and got the page in German. The URL ends in "deu":

https://www.lds.org/member-news?lang=deu

I can change the page back to english with this:

https://www.lds.org/member-news?lang=eng

but when I select "Newsletter" from the Tools menu, I get it in German again (with the "deu" lang variable)...

Happens in both Chrome and IE.

Return to “Main Church Website”