Event viewed on Weekly screen not showing on Month calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RosemaryThayer

Event viewed on Weekly screen not showing on Month calendar

Post by RosemaryThayer »

Stake Primary added an event and reserved our entire building. That event does not show up on my Month calendar. However, it does show on my Week calendar. Is this a glitch, or is there a setting of some kind I need to change?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Event viewed on Weekly screen not showing on Month calen

Post by russellhltn »

Probably a setting. In week view, in addition to your selected calendars, you see all the events that use a selected location.

Odds are you are either not subscribing or have not selected to see the calendar that has the event, but you have selected to see that location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RosemaryThayer

Post by RosemaryThayer »

I am subscribed to every ward and stake organization. I am also subscribed to our building. Other ideas? At least one other person has this situation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RosemaryThayer wrote:I am subscribed to every ward and stake organization.
You cannot subscribe to a ward you do not belong to. If the event was placed on another ward's calendar, that might explain it.

Just as a note "Subscription" is what is done on the subscription page - it's not the list of check boxes you see next to the main calendar. If you are not subscribed to a calendar, you will not see a check box to select it for display.

RosemaryThayer wrote:I am also subscribed to our building.
You can display a building, but cannot "subscribe" to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RosemaryThayer

Post by RosemaryThayer »

This still isn't happening correctly. I have subscribed to each calendar in my ward. I have subscribed to each calendar in our stake, including our District Scouts. I have requested that everything in my building and the stake center display on my calendar.
The activity that I cannot see was posted by the Stake Primary for the District Scouts in my building. I can see it on the Week calendar, but I cannot see it on the Month calendar. Any other ideas?
I use the calendar a lot on LDS Tools and I don't get the option of a weekly calendar there, so this can get me in trouble! Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RosemaryThayer wrote:The activity that I cannot see was posted by the Stake Primary for the District Scouts in my building. I can see it on the Week calendar, but I cannot see it on the Month calendar. Any other ideas?
The fact that you can see it on the Week view, but not on Month view, means that you are not subscribed to the calendar or are not displaying it. Since you assure us that you are subscribed to and are displaying every calendar in your ward and stake, I think that leaves only two options: the event is on a private calendar, or it is on a calendar belonging to some unit you do not belong to (probably another ward).

I'd recommend that you look at the event's details by clicking on the event and then choosing "View Event Details and Location". Then look on the right-hand side of the screen that pops up. That will tell you who scheduled the event, and what unit the event belongs to. That should help you solve the mystery.

Return to “Calendar”