Printing Mission Papers

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
Jessicalindsay123

Printing Mission Papers

Post by Jessicalindsay123 »

-Hi, this is my first time using this site, I hope I am posting in the right area.
I have been filling out my mission papers with the Missionary online recommendation system.
The instructions on printing tell you how to format a page for printing but not where. It also says specifically Not to use my browse'r print button. (I tried it once and a line or two of text from the form were missing)
I have tried saving my forms as Word documents but they show up totally wrong.
How, with specific steps please, do I successfully print the needed forms? (ie. dental evaluation form etc.)
-Additionally info. ; I have windows 8 and Google Chrome
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Printing Mission Papers

Post by aebrown »

It sounds like you found the Printing topic in the Help system. That's good. The instructions are a bit confusing. When it tells you not to use the browser's Print button, that is warning you not to use that button before you choose View/Print Completed Forms. But once you choose that option, you'll be seeing your application or a particular form in a printer-friendly format. From that browser window you can and should use your browser's Print button (or File > Print) to print the form.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Congratulations Jessica!

Try using Firefox as your browser. Down the list in the center there should be a link that says "print physician form" and another one that says "print dental form." It should pop up in a window that you can use the "file" "print" button.
Jessicalindsay123

Thanks so much for the clarifications and help so far everyone. :)
I still have the problem that lines of text are cut off at the bottom of the page after printing, even though the page is formatted properly. How can I fix it so that all the content prints?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Jessica. Send me an email address via private message and I will send you the forms in pdf. You can see if those will print for you.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Try these for the doctor and the dentist.

You don't really need to print out anything else. They are all submitted electronically except these two forms.
Jessicalindsay123

Thanks TinMan, These forms will help. I do still need to print out My additional personal health history forms though.
Jessicalindsay123

TinMan, After receiving the PDF files you sent me, I realized there must be a way to convert All the forms I need to PDF format.
So I did some research and finally found a site explaining where to find that option using Google Chrome.
This seems to have worked! In case anyone else should find themselves with the same issue I had been having, I will leave the link to the web site that provides the quick info. on saving any form to PDF format.
Thanks so much for your help everyone! :)
http://www.labnol.org/software/save-web ... pdf/21153/
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Glad you got it to work. You are really on your way now!

Congratulations again. It is very exciting, I am sure. :)
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

For on particular couple, when printing from the Missionary Online Recommendation System, the completed form prints only about half the page and the rest continues on following pages. All other missionary completed forms come out normal (fill the page). As a result, what is normally only 15 pages long is now 60 pages long.

As a result, all of the print is 1/2 as large and we cannot read it...

I have tried Internet Explorer as well as Chrome and it does not matter.

I believe that somehow the form has been set to Landscape when it should have been left at Portrait. We cannot change the format of the form, only print it...so when it prints, we get only about half of each page.

Has anyone had this problem or have a solution to suggest?

Return to “Other Member Technologies”