Lost members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
pgm44
Location: Philippines, Cagayan de Oro city, Northern Mindanao

Lost members

Post by pgm44 »

In our Ward we have official almost 900 members. The reason is that a few years ago 2 wards were put together to one. Our SM attendance is not so high (around 130). Many of the members are not active and others we can not find them anymore. Can we remove all those members, we can not find, from our membership list?
And what about the non-active members? Many of them are very poor and are not willing to go back in the church. If I send my quarterly report I alwys look to the % and think how it would be if it goes up.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Lost members

Post by aebrown »

You should certainly make efforts to make sure that your membership list matches the members who actually live in your ward boundaries. That will make your statistics more accurate, but more importantly will help your ward council to focus on the less-active members who need help and can be helped.

Part of the process of improving this accuracy is moving membership records out of your ward once you have determined that a member no longer lives in your ward. A First Presidency Letter dated 29 October 2012 addressed this process, and the steps are noted in the topic MLS 3.5.1 member locating steps.

Return to “Membership Help”