Missing Bank Confirmation for Tithing Batch

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rpowell3

Missing Bank Confirmation for Tithing Batch

Post by rpowell3 »

We deposited the donations in the deposit box at Bank of America on Sunday, March 31, and the March Finance Report (from March 1-31) says that that batch has not been confirmed by the bank.

Is this because the tithing checks hadn't cleared by the time the finance report issued seeing as they were deposited on the last day of the month?
eblood66

Re: Missing Bank Confirmation for Tithing Batch

Post by eblood66 »

rpowell3 wrote:We deposited the donations in the deposit box at Bank of America on Sunday, March 31, and the March Finance Report (from March 1-31) says that that batch has not been confirmed by the bank.

Is this because the tithing checks hadn't cleared by the time the finance report issued seeing as they were deposited on the last day of the month?
I see this almost every time we have a batch processed on the last of the month. I assume it's because the deposit doesn't get processed by the bank until the next day and the report gets generated before it does. I've never seen one of these remain on the action list on the next month's statement. So unless you have other reasons to think there was a problem with the deposit I wouldn't worry about it unless it shows up next month as well.
rpowell3

Re: Missing Bank Confirmation for Tithing Batch

Post by rpowell3 »

Thanks! That's a relief.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”