unit number in directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
brettctr

unit number in directory

Post by brettctr »

When looking up a members name in LDS Tool App is displays the unit name under the head of household. Is there a way to display the unit number when looking in the directory on LDS.org?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: unit number in directory

Post by aebrown »

The unit number is not displayed anywhere in the Directory, but that number is not needed by most people. What is the reason you want to see it displayed?
brettctr

Post by brettctr »

I am in the stake presidency and often I look up a name from our stake and would like to know which ward they are in.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Displaying the unit name has been requested before, but I think yours is the first to ask for the unit number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It sounds as if displaying the unit name will work. And I believe that functionality has been requested.
brettctr

Post by brettctr »

Sorry, unit name is what I am looking for. Most of the units in our stake are a number. Thanks for letting me know it has been requested already. Hopefully it will be added soon.
Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brettctr wrote:Sorry, unit name is what I am looking for. Most of the units in our stake are a number. Thanks for letting me know it has been requested already. Hopefully it will be added soon.
The feature was added some time ago, so it's not a matter of adding the feature. However, as you can read in this post, the feature was recently broken (the word "null" is displayed where the ward name is supposed to appear). So we just need to wait for it to be fixed.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”