Calendar Administrators application error

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ldenton0

Calendar Administrators application error

Post by ldenton0 »

I am having an issue accessing the Calendar Administrators screen.
Getting an error: "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later."

I have been getting this error for the past 3 days.

I have attached a screen shot of the error.
Attachments
Untitled.png
screen shot of error
(198.59 KiB) Downloaded 528 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Administrators application error

Post by russellhltn »

It's working OK for me in Chrome, but then we don't have any additional administrators.

One oddity I noticed - none of the callings are listed. So I see a list of people, and know that they are admins "by calling" but not what that calling is.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:One oddity I noticed - none of the callings are listed. So I see a list of people, and know that they are admins "by calling" but not what that calling is.
Yes, I can confirm that -- the "Calling" column is blank on the Settings > Admin page (prior to v2.5, that column listed the particular callings that gave the listed people their Admin privileges).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have no problem getting to the page on Firefox. The callings are blank for me also.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is anyone else able to display the admin page when you have non-default admins?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ldenton0

Post by ldenton0 »

I normally use Chrome, but I am using Firefox right now and it is still getting the same error message.
We just released our Stake Scheduler and I was going to remove her from being an admin. But, I cannot get into it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Is anyone else able to display the admin page when you have non-default admins?
We have a non-default admin and I can get to the admin page just fine (but with the blank calling column, of course). So that doesn't seem to be a factor.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ldenton0 wrote:We just released our Stake Scheduler and I was going to remove her from being an admin. But, I cannot get into it.
By chance, did she move out? Or were the rights "by calling" and she was released?

I'm wondering if the code isn't handling a external "release" situation.

ldenton0

Post by ldenton0 »

She did not move out and her calling was not a standard calling. Everything in the calendar was by her name.
robertoldham

Post by robertoldham »

I am experiencing this same error: when going to the calendar administrators page, I get the same message, "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later." I have tried accessing the page from Firefox (v20.0) and Chromium (v25.0.1364.160) on Ubuntu 12.04, as well as Firefox (v20.0.1), Chrome (v26.0.1410.64 m), Internet Explorer (v8.0.6001.18702) and Opera (v12.15) on Microsoft Windows XP Professional with the same error.

I have been experiencing this issue since the latest major update to calendaring, several weeks ago. I thought it might be a temporary issue that would be corrected as they worked through the issues, so I have waited.

We have a couple of calendar administrators in our stake that are assigned by name rather than by calling, both of whose records are currently still in the unit.

Return to “Calendar”