Can't access Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bbrant4164

Can't access Calendar

Post by bbrant4164 »

Since a week or two ago I have been unable to bring up the Calendar after entering my account logon. Other applications requiring the account logon work fine. I maintain the Calendar for our Ward so it is important that I get this resolved. Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Can't access Calendar

Post by aebrown »

Can you supply more details?
  • When you say "can't bring up the Calendar" what does that mean? How are you trying to go to the Calendar, and what do you see when you do that?
  • What is your calling? What roles do you have in the calendar (editor, administrator)?
  • What browser are you using on what kind of computer/device?
  • Have you tried to access the Calendar on any other computer/device?
  • Is anyone else able to sign in to your computer/device using their LDS Account? Do they experience the same thing?
bbrant4164

Post by bbrant4164 »

In answer to your questions,:
By "can't bring up the calendar" I mean after selecting "Calendar" from the menu and then entering my account logon, it goes to a blank screen and stays there. It never brings up the calendar for display.
My callings are Web Administrator, Calendar contact (which involves entering calendar events for all Ward organizations), and making the Sunday Bulletin, which also requires my being able to access the Calendar.
My browser is I.E. 9 on a HP desktop running VISTA.
I am able to access the Calendar using someone's new Toshiba laptop running Windows 8 and using my account logon.
Someone else using their own account logon on my PC does not work either.
The thing is, my PC is able to access all other applications that require my account logon and even the Calendar access worked until recently ( I believe it was when calendar 2.5 came out)
Regards.....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bbrant4164 wrote:My browser is I.E. 9 on a HP desktop running VISTA.
That should work. Make sure that you're not running in "compatibility" mode and that you are not InPrivate Browsing mode.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bbrant4164

Post by bbrant4164 »

I am unable to correct the calendar access problem under I.E 9. I switched to Firefox and was able to work with the calendar properly. Go figure!!!!

Return to “Calendar”