Default Privacy text added to Send a Message function

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Dagostino_J

Default Privacy text added to Send a Message function

Post by Dagostino_J »

Hi,
By the funtion Send a Message, after the message is send, a default privacy text is added to the Message Body of the send message.

Any idee why is my First Name that strange displayed, thougt my Name correctly displays ?
i.eg.
You have received this email because you have made your email address available to your local Church leaders.
It was sent from: Brother =?UTF-8?B?SsOpcsO0bWU=?= Dagostino
Whose calling is: Ward Executive Secretary

I guess again an issue with wrong caracter set for the French special caracters....

Who can I report this issue ?
Thanks and greeting from Switzerland.
Jerome.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Default Privacy text added to Send a Message function

Post by russellhltn »

dagostino_j wrote:greeting from Switzerland.
As a suggestion, you may want to update your forum profile to include that information. We see the location field when you post. Since the majority of our members are in the U.S. we tend to be US-centric in our answers. So any clues to remind us that you're in another country is helpful.

Thanks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Default Privacy text added to Send a Message function

Post by lajackson »

dagostino_j wrote:I guess again an issue with wrong character set for the French special characters....

Who can I report this issue ?
The best way to report this would be to use the Feedback link on one of the pages at LDS.org where they can at least check to see if the message is being sent out correctly.

With so many email programs today, it is also possible that the receiving email might not be set to handle an international character set.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”