Calendar stuck on loading

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sphan

Calendar stuck on loading

Post by sphan »

Hey I have a member that cannot access the calendar, it's stuck on the loading circle thing or sometimes the loading bar, what should I do to resolve this issue?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar stuck on loading

Post by jdlessley »

If this only happens on Sundays then that is a server load issue. If it happens all the time, then check access to the other LDS.org tools such as the directory, lesson schedules, news letter, and maps. If there the same problems with those tools for the member then check to see if other members of the same ward have the same problem. I would also check what browser is being used. Some browsers do not work well with the calendar.

Checking all those things will help narrow down where the problem lies.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd also check to make sure they are not in some kind of "privacy mode" in their browser.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sphan

Post by sphan »

I've tried on Sunday with my account it works fine, tried loading it with Safari, IE, and Firefox loads fine on my account.

My member tried it on his account NONE of those browsers worked, like it was stuck on the loading. I feel like there's something going on with his LDS account that needs to be reset or something? It just doesn't make sense it would work on mine and not his.

Steve
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If he hasn't gone to the LDS Account site and confirmed his profile information, to include checking his MRN, that would be a good step to take.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If his MRN information wasn't there, then I think he'd get an access denied.

Do any of these applications show the ward name when he attempts to access them? If not, then it's possible that the membership record that his account is tied to is in limo somewhere. The reason I phrase it that way is that we have heard of situations where spouses get their MRNs switched on the Temple Recommend.

I'd go into ldsaccount.lds.org and check his birth date. That's the one piece of information that comes from the membership record that the user can't edit/"correct".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:If his MRN information wasn't there, then I think he'd get an access denied.
There could be a problem with the MRN. It could be a valid number but not the correct one.
JD Lessley
sphan

Post by sphan »

So he has to go to lds.org to check his profile and ensure it's correct? as well as ldsaccount.lds.org? to double check the profile.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The link in the Tools menu on LDS.org takes you to the LDS Account site. LDS.org uses a single sign-on for the site and all the tools. Alternatively the LDS Account site can be accessed directly at https://ldsaccount.lds.org/. It is all the same.
JD Lessley

Return to “Calendar”