Security resets on Sunday

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aclawson

Security resets on Sunday

Post by aclawson »

One of the wards was unable to process donations today because MLS crashed and had to be reinstalled - and of course there was no way to get the security reset.

There should be an automated way to do this, or have somebody on call, or allow the global support desk to be able to do this.
johnshaw

Re: Security resets on Sunday

Post by johnshaw »

I'm in my 5th year of asking for this. It totally boggles my mind that it can't be done in some way. I do my work on Weekends or early morning (before 7am)... there is a phone number to call on weekends... why not allow it...
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

It is now after 8:00am Mountain Time and nobody is answering the phone in LUS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aclawson wrote:It is now after 8:00am Mountain Time and nobody is answering the phone in LUS.
You posted this at 7:05 MDT. So something's off in your time zone calculation.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:
aclawson wrote:It is now after 8:00am Mountain Time and nobody is answering the phone in LUS.
You posted this at 7:05 MDT. So something's off in your time zone calculation.
That's incorrect. His post shows it was posted at 8:05 and I also saw when his post showed up and it was just after 8am (I'm in MDT).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:
You posted this at 7:05 MDT.
The time stamp I have for the post is 9:05 CDT. That would be 8:05 MDT.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

It was 10:05 EDT

Anyhow, finally got through to them and they did the security reset - which didn't fix the problem (database error).

For whatever reason I see the following symptoms:

* Sending/receiving throws an error about something not able to be written. Clicking the OK button on the error message four times results in the send/receive completing as normal.

* When attempting to record a baptism MLS throws an error message saying that it cannot be created and that I should call the stake clerk for assistance.

Things that I know that do NOT fix the problem:

1. Rebooting/restarting MLS

2. Restoring from a previous backup - tried three different ones going back in time.

3. Completely uninstalling MLS, manually deleting the relevant folders, rebooting, then reinstalling MLS and restoring the image from the file. (From any of the backup files.)

SLC is investigating but they didn't really have any ideas or suggestions for me to try. Next up will be to attempt to restore the backup file to another computer and see what happens.
danpass

Post by danpass »

jdlessley wrote:
aebrown wrote:
You posted this at 7:05 MDT.
The time stamp I have for the post is 9:05 CDT. That would be 8:05 MDT.
I see a time stamp of 6:05 PDT, which would be 7:05 MDT. I'll check my forum settings. Perhaps, my time zone is incorrect...
danpass

Post by danpass »

danpass wrote: I see a time stamp of 6:05 PDT, which would be 7:05 MDT. I'll check my forum settings. Perhaps, my time zone is incorrect...
I found in the preferences the setting "Summer Time/DST is in effect", with "No" selected. I corrected this to "Yes" and now the post time stamps are correct.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aclawson wrote:Anyhow, finally got through to them and they did the security reset - which didn't fix the problem (database error).
The solution to this is to completely remove MLS. In addition to uninstalling MLS, there are orphaned files and folders that need to be moved or removed. I recommend moving them so any needed files can be recovered if necessary. Follow the instructions in Clean installation.

The only problem with a clean install is the requirement for a good recent backup. Knowing whether a backup is good or not is trial and error. You could lose important information or documents if you have to go back much in time.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”