LDS.org leader applications on android

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jeffs6

LDS.org leader applications on android

Post by jeffs6 »

Why can't I run leader applications, like Temple Entry, on my android tablet? It doesn't give an error, it just doesn't do anything at all.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org leader applications on android

Post by aebrown »

jeffs6 wrote:Why can't I run leader applications, like Temple Entry, on my android tablet? It doesn't give an error, it just doesn't do anything at all.
The Temple Entry System is a web application, so it just runs in a web browser just like any other web page. I've never heard of an Android application for TES. I'm guessing you are accessing that web site using the built-in Android browser (if not, please specify which browser you are using).

I can access the TES site just fine on my Android phone, using the built-in browser.

Are you saying that you don't even see the sign-in page, or that after you enter your LDS Account user name and password, that is when you don't get any response?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't have access to TES to test it, but the problem could be something in your browser settings - like something blocking pop-up, Java Script, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

I have the same experience. I can access Temple Entry System on my Android phone by accessing lds.org through the web browser, but cannot access Temple Entry System on my Android tablet by accessing lds.org through web browser.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

I also cannot do any of the Leadership functions on my tablet (stake statistics, quarterly report, lists, etc.) with the exception of member look-up.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I have found that using the Chrome browser does not work on my android devices (S3 and Nexus7) but that dolphin browser does work. I've just switched to Dolphin to run the tools.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is begining to sound like the old Calendar No Longer Works on Android Browser thread. That did eventually get fixed in a update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffs6

Post by jeffs6 »

Thanks for the responses. I'm still having the issue with chrome, including stake statistics, reports, etc. I switched to dolphin as suggested and it works great.
rgkelson

Post by rgkelson »

Firefox for Android works as well.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”