How do I add an image?

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
jlique

How do I add an image?

Post by jlique »

I don't see an "Add Image" icon. I'm using Chrome. How do I add an image within my article?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: How do I add an image?

Post by aebrown »

On the button bar for the Body section of a Newsletter article, the last button is the "Insert Image" button. Clicking on it should let you insert an image. See the circled button below.
InsertImage.png
InsertImage.png (2.13 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
jlique

Post by jlique »

Thanks!
gwish

Post by gwish »

I'm using Safari and have also tried in FF and still do not see the image icon. I'm not able to upload an image either. Can this stuff be done on a Mac or do we need to us a PC?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I use Safari on an iMac and the image icon is visible and works fine. I have found that in some cases, FF or Chrome work better with some of the Tools, but with the Newsletter, I have no problems with Safari.
Last edited by zaneclark on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I think I know why you can't load an image on the Newsletter. You need to be designated as either an Administrator or a Publisher in order to create a newsletter.... If you are not listed as one of these, you will not see any icons....
gwish

Post by gwish »

I'm listed in our ward directory as the ward web admin but alas, i'm not seeing the icon at all.
gwish

Post by gwish »

I also just listed my own name as an admin and also as a publisher and still no icon???
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gwish wrote:I'm listed in our ward directory as the ward web admin but alas, i'm not seeing the icon at all.
This topic started out discussing the Chrome browser. You haven't mentioned what browser you are using. Are you aware that Internet Explorer doesn't support uploading images? See the Creating Articles help topic, in the "Create Articles" section.
gwish

Post by gwish »

aebrown wrote:
gwish wrote:I'm listed in our ward directory as the ward web admin but alas, i'm not seeing the icon at all.
This topic started out discussing the Chrome browser. You haven't mentioned what browser you are using. Are you aware that Internet Explorer doesn't support uploading images? See the Creating Articles help topic, in the "Create Articles" section.
I mentioned above that I am using a Mac with safari and Firefox. I'm not using IE.

Return to “Newsletter”