v2.5 odd week view behavior

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

v2.5 odd week view behavior

Post by dshep2020 »

Anyone else seeing odd week view behavior since thee v2.5 release? When I first log into the calendar after previously viewing in week view, I don't see the location events. I see my subscribed calendar events, but not all the location events. If I use the arrow navigation to move ahead one week, all location events show up. When I move back, they now show. I first saw this using Chrome. Couldn't get the same results on IE9. I also tried it on my mac. Same issue on Safari.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: v2.5 odd week view behavior

Post by russellhltn »

dshepher wrote:Anyone else seeing odd week view behavior since thee v2.5 release? When I first log into the calendar after previously viewing in week view, I don't see the location events. I see my subscribed calendar events, but not all the location events.
I'm seeing the same thing.

dshepher wrote:If I use the arrow navigation to move ahead one week, all location events show up. When I move back, they now show.
Clicking "Today" also seems to fix it. But I notice that unchecking/checking the location does NOT fix it.

I tested under Chrome.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
dshepher wrote:Anyone else seeing odd week view behavior since thee v2.5 release? When I first log into the calendar after previously viewing in week view, I don't see the location events. I see my subscribed calendar events, but not all the location events.
I'm seeing the same thing.
I tested under Chrome.
Interesting. I cannot duplicate this problem with Calendar 2.5 -- it works for me like it always has. Here's what I did:
  • Used both Firefox and Chrome (on Windows 7)
  • Signed in when my previous mode was Month view, then switched to Week view
  • Signed out and back in again now that my last view was Week view
  • Checked and unchecked boxes by locations
  • Tested all the above, cleared my browser cache, and tried again.
In every case, I saw all the appropriate events at the locations that were checked in Week view.

I can't explain why others have this problem, but I certainly don't. Maybe you need to clear your browser cache?
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Cleared, cache on all my browsers (on Mac and Win7) and still have the issue (except for IE9). Only occurs if I log into the calendar when my previous session was in week view. Very odd.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Signed out and back in again now that my last view was Week view
I killed the window between attempts. In fact, I don't think I logged out. Since I had the forum open in the other tab, I killed the tab and then reopened it and went to https://lds.org and then back to calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

Using desktop Chrome, my week view was showing stake center events even if I selected "Hide all calendars" and un-selected all locations. However, if I selected and then un-selected the "Stake Center" location, the calendar correctly showed no events. Yesterday, when I tried this same method on my android tablet (using mobile Chrome), I couldn't get the Stake Center events to disappear using this same method.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

Today, when I un-check all locations in the week view, I see selected events from multiple buildings. If I check and then un-check all or various locations, it does not fix the problem. The behavior is inconsistent from day to day.
Screenshot.gif
(35.74 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Return to “Calendar”