making Resservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gayle01

making Resservations

Post by gayle01 »

I am the Stake building scheduler and have been using the down arrow to the right of the Stake Calendar under 'settings' to make reservations for other Ward Buildings as well, as per the Tutorial. A full monthly calendar would always appear, where I could select the location and dates I wanted to enter a new event. Today the settings 'reservations' option is not listed as a choice....I talked with our Stake Clerk about this new problem and he said to just use the plus (+) icon to enter an event. If I reserve a building using that method an event it gets posted on the STAKE calendar with only the color code for the different Wards. I need to put the event on the proper building or every Ward calendar event in the stake will end up on the Stake calendar. I feel it's a setting gliche or change somewhere in my administrator capabilites. Please let me know where or how my clerk (Mel Peterson) can fix this.....Thank You ...Gayle Olsen, Mesquite, NV Stake email: ggolsen@rconnects.com
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: making Resservations

Post by russellhltn »

gayle01 wrote:Today the settings 'reservations' option is not listed as a choice...
"Reservations" has been renamed to "Restrictions" to better describe how it works. It has never been a "reservation" in the normal sense of the word.

It sounds like you've been using Reservations to schedule events. That's not how that feature is intended to work and can easily result in double-booking an event.

By in large, each ward is going to have to schedule their own events. The system just doesn't function when one person schedules for multiple units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ldsniowa

Post by ldsniowa »

If it's not broke, then why try to fix it... j/s very frustrating...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ldsniowa wrote:If it's not broke, then why try to fix it...
It was broke. Too many people where misusing it and then complaining when the building was "double booked".

Renaming was done to move users to a better understanding of the function.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn »

I am the building scheduler for a stake center & I still need to be able to reserve rooms etc. and have been doing this until 4/18/13. While I understand the new change of the reservations being changed to 'restrictions,' I clicked on 'restrictions' but it will not even open. Am I missing a step or an additional change?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lesleyann wrote:I clicked on 'restrictions' but it will not even open. Am I missing a step or an additional change?
Works fine for me. But I'm also a stake admin.

What browser are you using?

LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn »

Internet Explorer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What version? IE8 or higher versions running in "compatibility mode" isn't supported.

I tried it in IE10 before posting.

LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn »

I have no idea...sadly I'm not a techie. But I was able to access it up until last week. Would the updates have affected this or do you think the problem is something else?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lesleyann wrote:I have no idea...sadly I'm not a techie.
The Version may show briefly when you start the browser. You should be able to find the version under "about", usually located near help in the toolbar/menu.

lesleyann wrote:But I was able to access it up until last week. Would the updates have affected this or do you think the problem is something else?
The timing is suspicious, but we probably need to narrow this down before the developers can fix it.

Return to “Calendar”