search and scrolling list of members in maps

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
JimRedd

search and scrolling list of members in maps

Post by JimRedd »

Maps will search for members who have names that use English characters, but if I search using Thai characters, all members of the branch still show after the search. Also when using the maps app on my ipad or iPhone, it is very difficult to scroll through the names because the scroll bar doesn't appear. The scroll bar shows up to the right of the letters in the pane which has the names of the members when I use my laptop.

The letters should make it easy to quickly go to the right portion of the alphabet to find the member I am searching for, but don't work well. First, about half of the list of letters is taken up with English letters, which only represents 19 of the 475 families in our branch. Although the list on my ipad right now has the English letters ACGIJKOPSTU which appears to be a way to compress the alphabet so more letters show, the Thai letters are shown consecutively so only the first seven letters of the alphabet show. (I just realized that the English letters shown are not chosen to compress the display, but are the first letter of the English surnames of members.) It is very difficult to see anyone past the first few letters of the Thai alphabet because I cannot click on the down arrow to move through the alphabet.

If I click on the last Thai character shown, the member list scrolls to place the first name beginning with that character at the top of the households list, but the letter list doesn't scroll. It is quite laborious to scroll through the list of households to find a name at the end of the alphabet. Each screen of names has at most 12 names so it takes a lot of swipes to go through 475 names. Can you fix this? Are the scroll bar and the scrolling of the letter list absent on the ipad because these features use Flash?

Elder Redd
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: search and scrolling list of members in maps

Post by jdlessley »

JimRedd wrote:Can you fix this?
We would like to be able to, but we can't. The forum is user-to-user support. There is a chance a church developer may see this thread. But I would not count on it. The best chance to get the feedback you provided to the people who can do something about it is to use the feedback link found on the LDS.org home page, or any other page with that link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”