Why don't all church employee have the LDS Church badge?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
mevans

Why don't all church employee have the LDS Church badge?

Post by mevans »

I've noticed in various forums people posting messages who are apparently church employees, but they don't necessarily have the "LDS Church" badge. Is there a reason for this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Why don't all church employee have the LDS Church badge?

Post by aebrown »

The badge only appears if some forum administrator has added it to that person's profile. There's no automatic system for detecting who is a Church employee.

Some employees have expressed a preference not to have the badge, but in most cases it's just because no one has let an administrator know that a particular forum is actually an employee.

If you detect a particular case where an employee doesn't have the badge, you can PM me or RussellHltn and we'll contact the person to see if they would like the badge added.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Why don't all church employee have the LDS Church badge?

Post by russellhltn »

Note that some people are Service Missionaries. They have forum roles similar to an employee, but are not actual employees. We haven't worked out a system for them yet.

Some employees have expressed a preference not to have the badge
I think the majority of those cases are situations where the person is here as part of their calling. The fact they are an employee of the church has nothing to do with their role in the forums. Giving them a forum employee badge would just confuse things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Help with this forum”