TM Feature Request - monitor web usage

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
sammythesm

TM Feature Request - monitor web usage

Post by sammythesm »

Just want to say that the new features of Technology Manager are awesome. I really appreciate being able to see my access points (and even a few other cisco devices) that are registered, as well as see my peak usage. I'm able to better remotely troubleshoot problems without having to burn expensive gas to drive all over the stake.

One thing my Stake President has asked for in the past is that I more actively monitor web usage across the stake. As most of you know, this is a bit of a pipe-dream if you're just going from computer to computer checking browser history. One feature to consider for TM would be some kind of reports on sites visited. I know this is a sensitive subject, and I certainly trust CHQ with the filtering and monitoring controls, but I have to believe that my SP isn't the only one who would like some peace of mind that the system isn't being abused.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Announcing a new Technology Manager Feature thread because it discusses a different topic.

Please follow the Code of Conduct which states: "Stay on topic; keep the content of the site clear and concise" and "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread".]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”