Unable to save/edit Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
goettled

Unable to save/edit Calendar

Post by goettled »

Maricopa AZ Stake
Our Stake Relief Society Calendar has been toggled to "Private" rather than "Entire Unit". Those with admin rights who should be able to edit the calendar are locked out and are unable to change that setting. I have deleted the calendar and noticed that once deleted, the "Private" setting was now editable. However, when I attempted to save the correction, a red warning box appeared requesting a unique name for the calendar. I have tried multiple names but it will not allow the calendar to be saved.
So, plan B. I left the old, uneditable RS calendar in the trash and created a new Stake Relief Society calendar. Set the premissions and viewability. When I clicked "Save", I get the same red warning box requesting a unique name for the calendar. Again, I tried multiple names with no success.

What I need: Either the old Relief Society calendar (which I've pulled out of the trash) needs to be saved as viewable to "Entire Unit" or I need a new Relief Society Calendar created so I can add those events to it.

thank you for your help!!

Eric Goettl
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to save/edit Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Try deleting the calendar out of the trash. (Same concept as emptying the recycle bin on your computer.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Another thing to try with the original "Stake Relief Society Calendar" is to remove all editors, save the calendar, then edit it to add the viewers/editors in again.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
goettled

Post by goettled »

Thank you everyone! Deleting the old calendar from the trash allowed me to create a new RS calendar and saved the day!! thank you!

Return to “Calendar”