Unable to Assign Photo to Individual in Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
AileneRHerrick

Unable to Assign Photo to Individual in Directory

Post by AileneRHerrick »

A family provided me their photos so I could upload them to the directory. We'll call the family members John, Jane, and Joe Smith.

John, Jane, and Joe Smith all appear within the online directory.

I successfully uploaded the photos, and was able to assign the photos for the Household, Jane Smith, and Joe Smith.

However, I was unable to assign the photo to John Smith.

When I started typing the last name, options appeared for the Household, Jane Smith, and Joe Smith.

Why would this happen? John Smith is in the directory, so I should be able to add a photo for him, correct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to Assign Photo to Individual in Directory

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Why would this happen? John Smith is in the directory, so I should be able to add a photo for him, correct?
Is it possible that John Smith is not a member? You can't associate a photo with a nonmember.

And note that you might need to consider the possibility that this is a sensitive issue where most people think he is a member, but because of Church discipline he is not currently a member.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

aebrown wrote:Is it possible that John Smith is not a member? You can't associate a photo with a nonmember.
I suppose it might be possible, but then he would not appear in the directory, right? His name is in the directory, I just cannot assign a photo to him.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

AileneRHerrick wrote:
aebrown wrote:Is it possible that John Smith is not a member? You can't associate a photo with a nonmember.
I suppose it might be possible, but then he would not appear in the directory, right? His name is in the directory, I just cannot assign a photo to him.
A non-member spouse will generally show up in the Directory on lds.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:
No, I wouldn't have said what I said if it weren't possible for a nonmember to appear in the directory. Nonmembers who are married to members can certainly appear in the Directory.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Okay, I didn't know that a photo could not be assigned to a nonmember. Are their plans to implement such a feature in the future? It could be awkward that an entire family has their photos up, and one person does not.

Thank you so much for helping me out!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”