How do I even get "in" to start?

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
slhart

How do I even get "in" to start?

Post by slhart »

I have been given the responsibility to "start" the ward newsletter....I log in on my own LDS Account but I cant seen to find the "window" to start formatting and writing articles??! Please give advice. Thanks.
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: How do I even get "in" to start?

Post by techgy »

slhart wrote:I have been given the responsibility to "start" the ward newsletter....I log in on my own LDS Account but I cant seen to find the "window" to start formatting and writing articles??! Please give advice. Thanks.
Access is granted by your calling in the ward. If you are not a "Default Editor", then contact a member of your Bishopric and have them set you up as such. This will give you the ability to create articles in the ward newsletter.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

If you are supposed to be in charge of the newsletter, you'll probably need to be added as an Administrator (simply being a Publisher won't allow you to create new categories).

In any case, I'd recommend that you read the help documentation located at https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/newsletter/ -- that will tell you how to sign in, how to create and categorize articles, and how to format articles including inserting images and attaching files.
jagflynn

Post by jagflynn »

According to the user guide, a ward Sunday School president is a default publisher. Though the web directory lists me as my ward SSP, I do not see "+ NEW ARTICLE" on the Newsletter webpage. Does an administrator have to activate the newsletter tool before a publisher can use it?

jagflynn@hotmail.com
jagflynn@hotmail.com
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jagflynn wrote:According to the user guide, a ward Sunday School president is a default publisher. Though the web directory lists me as my ward SSP, I do not see "+ NEW ARTICLE" on the Newsletter webpage.
Two thoughts:
  • Check with your ward clerk to make sure you have the standard calling of Sunday School President (custom callings confer no web site permissions)
  • Make sure you are looking at the Ward (and not the Stake) Newsletter page.
jagflynn wrote:Does an administrator have to activate the newsletter tool before a publisher can use it?
No, but as you are working through these other challenges, asking an administrator to make you a publisher explicitly might get you up and running quicker.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Sunday School President is a default publisher, but it can also be removed. aebrown is correct to check with your ward clerk, but even if your calling is the standard calling, if someone removed it, it needs to be added again. It's much better to make sure the administrator has you set up under your calling than by directly adding your name to the tool.

Return to “Newsletter”