Quarterly Report numbers involving YM, YW, and YSA

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
klwilkinson

Quarterly Report numbers involving YM, YW, and YSA

Post by klwilkinson »

When the YW reported their attendance numbers for the quarterly report, I noticed that their attendance was over 100%. In trying to figure out the problem, I found that the YW who had turned 18 were not appearing in the list of total YW on line 18. These YW are still in high school and I double checked and they are still assigned to Laurels in MLS. I'm not sure how I should have handled this, but since I couldn't edit the number on line 18, I just excluded them from YW attendance number and included them in line 13 since they were listed with the YSA in line 12.

Out of curiosity, I double checked the YM in our ward who had turned 18 and noticed that they were included on both the lists form line 12 and 16. Maybe this is because they aren't moved out of YM until they receive the Melchizedek Priesthood or turn 19. I find it interesting that they are counted in both groups (YM and YSA), but the young women are not.

Anyways, I'm just curious if anyone else has had issues with 18 year-olds still in YW and the what you feel is the best way to account for them. Fortunately, by the next quarterly report they will have graduated and moved on to Relief Society so I won't run into this scenario probably until the 3rd or 4th quarter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Quarterly Report numbers involving YM, YW, and YSA

Post by russellhltn »

Are you looking in MLS or in the on-line portal? IIRC, MLS automatically advances them when they turn 18, but most wards move them back (or advance them while they are still 17) based on high school graduation.

Based on what you're reporting, I think you're looking on-line, but I'm not sure how well that reflects what's been set in MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

klwilkinson wrote:I just excluded them from YW attendance number and included them in line 13 since they were listed with the YSA in line 12.
Those Young Women are probably included on the Relief Society total. YM and YW do become part of the YSA, normally at the same time they become part of the elders quorum or the Relief Society. But the real transition is YW to RS and YM to EQ. YSA is just an added benefit.

Yes, there is a disconnect during that year in their lives, since they make the transition at different times. But they should get credit for attending either YW or RS.
klwilkinson

Post by klwilkinson »

Just to clarify, I was getting all of the information from the Quarterly Report section in MLS. For example, I clicked on the hyperlink on line 18 - Total Young Women and it provided a Quarterly Report Name List for 2013, Quarter 1. It contains a list of all the YW as of March 31 to be included on that quarterly report. The main problem I am encountering is that the 18 year-old young women were not included on this list, even though they have been assigned to Young Women and not to Relief Society.

When I use the on-line portal, placing the cursor over the Total young women will not provide an actual list of names. It just lists the following parameters of who is to be included.

The number of female members ages 12 through 17 who are:
- Not married
- Under 18 years of age and their assigned organization is not Relief Society
- Or 18 years of age or older and their assigned organization is Young Women

Whether looking on-line or on MLS, they both indicated that we had 28 Total Young Women, when in reality we have 32. Interestingly, MLS indicated we have 52 Young Single Adults, but on-line it says 46. Since these numbers are supposed to be derived from the last day of the previous quarter, I don't know why they have different numbers there.

I'm not sure how critical any of this is. I'm just very detail oriented and like to be exact and this report is not allowing that. Line 19 says to only count those young women who are listed on line 18. Line 18 says it should include those YW who are 18 and assigned to YW, but they weren't included for me. If I include them, my numbers say we had 100+% attendance and that would be wrong also.

Return to “Reports and Forms”