Availability in French

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Kamaehara

Availability in French

Post by Kamaehara »

Hi, I was trying to mark a passage in one General Conference talk from Elder Scott from the French translation, but I couldn't. I then went to the English version and there I could mark it.
I wanted to use the tools of 'Notes and Journal' for the French version but it seems this feature is not available when browsing non-English versions_ in my case French.
I do not have an iPad, nor do I own any tablet. I just have a notebook.
Will this feature be extended to all the non-English sites?
mevans

Re: Availability in French

Post by mevans »

Welcome to the forum!

The Notes and Journal feature is currently only available in English. We don't know when or if they will extend it to other languages.

From some comments I've read, looks like they have to specially prepare all content to work with Notes and Journal. I don't know how much effort it is, but I have to believe they have come up with a way to make this less labor intensive.

I suggest using the Feedback link on lds.org and ask for Notes and Journal to be available in French. That's the official way to submit suggestions to make sure that they are seen by decision makers. Most people here are just users helping users. Occasionally some church employees visit.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”