Importing Calendar Data to an iPad App

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
BarryHill

Importing Calendar Data to an iPad App

Post by BarryHill »

Changing technologies have forced me to new apps and platforms. This has left my data fractured and me disorganized. I currently have an iPad and I am using the app "Pocket Informant Pro" where I try to track my daily tasks, appointments etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pull all the data off of my Stake Calendar to this app so I am not working off of different calendars?

If it helps, the app Pocket Informant Pro syncs with Google Calendar, Google task and Toodledo but I have never used any of these. It also syncs with Pocket Informant Online which seems like it would be the most simple solution if I can somehow get the Stake Calendar. I am willing to learn and use these if need be to get everything in one place. I am interested in any advice on a good simple system even if I have to toss this app and get another.

Thanks for your help.

Barry
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Importing Calendar Data to an iPad App

Post by russellhltn »

If the app can sync to a iCal file via a URL, you can sync it that way. Otherwise, you can sync your calender to Google calender. Basic instructions can be found on the "sync" page of the calender on lcs.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BarryHill

Re: Importing Calendar Data to an iPad App

Post by BarryHill »

Thanks Russell,

It worked. I set up Google calender to import the Church Calender then set up my app to import the Google calendar.

Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”