Handbook search

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sjbowden

Handbook search

Post by sjbowden »

On the Leader's Resources page, when you try to search the Church Handbooks, the search no longer returns any entries from the handbooks. This coincides with the new search. It is kind of frustrating to search for something in the handbook and get no results from the handbook.

Anyone else having this problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Handbook search

Post by aebrown »

When I search from Leader Resources in the Handbook search box, I still get results returned from Handbook 2, mixed in with results from other resources. It seems to work exactly as if I had typed in the search string in the main LDS.org search box.

But that search box used to return results from only the handbooks. The user interface there clearly implies that it will do so. Furthermore, it returns no results from Handbook 1, even if you are authorized to view Handbook 1 online.

You can still go to Handbook 1 and do a search from there, but the Leader Resources search box doesn't let you search it.

Update: The previous sentence is not correct.
sjbowden

Post by sjbowden »

Yes, I see now that I get results from Handbook 2 mixed in, I just didn't notice them.

I have access to Handbook 1, but I don't get any results.

I also do not get any Handbook 1 results even searching from the Handbook 1 page.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sjbowden wrote:I also do not get any Handbook 1 results even searching from the Handbook 1 page.
That's true. I should have tested that out before I responded. So we have no way to search Handbook 1 at all, and no way to specifically search within Handbook 2. That's a big step backwards.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

aebrown wrote:
sjbowden wrote:...and no way to specifically search within Handbook 2.
I wouldn't exactly say "no way", but it does involve going outside the church's search engine.

A search specifically within Handbook 2 could be done by entering the following into a Google search box...
site:www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2-adminis ... the-church searchterm1 searchterm2 searchterm3
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kcushing

Searching Handbook 1

Post by kcushing »

There is a search bar meant for searching Handbook 1. Instead, results come back for the entire web site.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Searching Handbook 1

Post by aebrown »

kcushing wrote:There is a search bar meant for searching Handbook 1. Instead, results come back for the entire web site.
Yes, that's been noted. I moved your post into the existing topic for this issue.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”