Youth not advancing

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
r74nh1ck

Youth not advancing

Post by r74nh1ck »

Our bishop brought to my attention the fact that MLS and lds.org show two young woman who have turned 16 in 2013 are listed as belonging to the Mia Maid class.

Any ideas why they are not promoted automatically to Laurels?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Youth not advancing

Post by aebrown »

Two thoughts:
  • They are not members (or at least their records are nonmember records); or
  • Someone manually moved them back into the Mia Maid class
As far as I know, those are the reasons MLS could function normally and have 16 year olds in the Mia Maid class.
r74nh1ck

Post by r74nh1ck »

Both are active members. One is the bishop's daughter.

I guess I will have to check and see if I can manually promote them in MLS.

Thanks you
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

r74nh1ck wrote:I guess I will have to check and see if I can manually promote them in MLS.
To do that, the easiest way is to go to Organizations > Young Women > Laurels, and click "Add Members" (in the upper right corner of the Members section of that screen). In the dialog box that pops up, check the boxes by each of these two young women's names, and then click Save. That will add both of them to Laurels and remove them from Mia Maids.
n8crocker

Post by n8crocker »

I have a similar issue where our Deacons are showing up in the Valiant 11 and Deacons Quorum organizations. When i try to remove the Valiant 11 from the organization it asks for a "destination organization" but only shows the other primary organizations.

What step am i missing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

natrx wrote:I have a similar issue where our Deacons are showing up in the Valiant 11 and Deacons Quorum organizations. When i try to remove the Valiant 11 from the organization it asks for a "destination organization" but only shows the other primary organizations.

What step am i missing?
For the calendar year in which they turn 12, deacons attend the Valiant 11 class as their Sunday School class. They don't normally move to Sunday School until January 1 after their 12th birthday. So that explains why they are in both the Deacons Quorum and the Valiant 11 Primary class.

See "Children Age 12" in Section 11.4.3 of Handbook 2.

Return to “Membership Help”