Learning to schedule the building

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cmredd

Learning to schedule the building

Post by cmredd »

I am a new building scheduler. Our stake has not used the reservations or the locations for events in the calendar on lds.org. Who is an editor for the calendar? Do I need a list from the Bishop? Or is it only those with certain callings? As of now, anyone who needs the building calls me and I write it on my paper calendar. I have been through the tutorials, but am still confused. The stake tech person has been in less time than I have. Help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Learning to schedule the building

Post by russellhltn »

cmredd wrote:Who is an editor for the calendar?
At the ward level, it's the extended Bishopric including clerks. But it can include anyone who has been set up as a editor. This may include creating a RS Calendar and giving the RS President rights. Likewise, a EQ Calendar might be set up giving EQ President rights.

By default, simply making you a "building scheduler" does not give you any rights to any calendars. If that's what's desired, that would be an extra step.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cmredd

Post by cmredd »

Thank you. I don't want rights, I just need to know who CAN do the calendar.
I appreciate the help.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

cmredd wrote:Thank you. I don't want rights, I just need to know who CAN do the calendar.
I appreciate the help.
I suggest you start out with studying the calendar help menu start at the beginning where it talk about setting calendars and don't stop until you get to the end. Then come here and review all the treads on the calendar they will be a great help in clarifying the help menu.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

One thing worth keeping in mind - it's not just your ward - it's any calendar editor in the entire stake can schedule an event at your building. But most of the time, it will just be the ward(s) that meet there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”