Request Form for Family File Card

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
idjeeper2

Request Form for Family File Card

Post by idjeeper2 »

Yesterday, I was approached by a sister who is trying to arrange a sealing for her mother (living) and her father (deceased). She had the other ordinance work for her father done many years ago. Someone at the temple told her she needed a Request Form for Family File Card and that it could only be initiated by her ward.

I have never heard of this form. I've searched this site and the distribution center catalog to no avail. Google searches turn up nothing useful.

Is anyone here aware of this form and able to tell me where to get it? One of the few times I am completely stumped and a search hasn't helped me out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Request Form for Family File Card

Post by aebrown »

I think you're having a hard time finding it because the information you are searching for is quite inaccurate.

See the correct instructions here.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

Thank you, so much. That appears to be exactly what she needs.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

If the living person is being sealed to her deceased husband, it's done through Family Tree.

The form is called a 'Family Ordinance Request'. You prepare the name in Family Tree (now right on FamilySearch.org) then go through the temple screens there to get the FOR printed, then she takes it to the temple when she goes, and the card will be printed. It will (or should have) the dates for the other ordinances already although for some only the word 'completed' will show in the boxes on the card for those ordinances.

If the death is less than one year ago, she'll need to wait for a year. If there are questions about that, she should ask the bishop.

Return to “Reports and Forms”