Opening for information of individuals in directory

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
marthaolsen1

Opening for information of individuals in directory

Post by marthaolsen1 »

Recently, after having been able to open to the contact information for individuals in the directory, I have not been able to open as described from my iPhone first and now from my iPad. All updates are current, I believe. What has happened here?
ryanpitt

Re: Opening for information of individuals in directory

Post by ryanpitt »

This is happening to both me and my wife. It seems to have started happening after the last iOS upgrade. It's very annoying. If anyone has any info on this.... Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Is this problem with the directory on LDS.org in a browser or from the LDS Tools application? If the problem is from LDS Tools the thread will have to be moved to be addressed in the correct forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
marthaolsen1

Post by marthaolsen1 »

Where is the tech support to solve problems with lds.org products? Why is it so hard to find the right source for answers. It is nice to know that the problems are not just occurring with me, but I want to find someone who can solve the problem. "Where can I turn for help." LDSTech Wiki is not it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marthaolsen1 wrote: "Where can I turn for help." LDSTech Wiki is not it.
That's correct. The wiki does not contain documentation for the Directory. The help documentation is linked to from the Directory application, and is located on a separate site: Directory help.

If you post a clear question here on the LDSTech Forum, there's an excellent chance you'll get a helpful response, particularly if it's an issue with how to use the application. If there is an actual bug in the system, we can tell you how to report it. But for the most part, those who participate in the forum are community volunteers and don't have direct access to the developers.

So if I understand your original post correctly, you are using a browser on an iPhone and iPad to access the Directory on LDS.org. Are you using the built-in Safari browser? What models of iPhone and iPad are you using?

And then you said you try to "open to the contact information for individuals"; I'm not sure what you mean by that. Could you explain in a little more detail what you are clicking on, and what happens when you click?
marthaolsen1

Post by marthaolsen1 »

I have iPhone 5 and an iPad that I got a year or two ago.

Here is what happens on both devices. I hit my lds tools icon, it opens to my ward directory. I select a name in the directory expecting it to open to the contact information for that individual. What happens when I tap the name, the directory closes back to my app icon page on my device.

I suspect this is as bug because it happens to others I know and someone else on the forum said they had the same problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Moderator note: the topic has been moved to a more appropriate
section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since the problem is with LDS Tools, let the development team know what you are experiencing. The support email is ios-support@ldsmail.net.

Information for LDS Tools for iOS is found on the wiki page LDS Tools for iPhone.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I have solved every problem with LDS Tools by deleting the app, downloading a new copy from the app store and then updating the information.... Works every time....
MerrillDL

Post by MerrillDL »

What do you suggest?

A bishop has the LDS Tools app on his iPhone. He has deleted and reinstalled the LDS Tools app from the iTunes Store 2-3 times now.

In the Directory view, he can view the Head of Household. As soon as he clicks on a member of the household, the LDS Tools APP closes unexpectedly.

This behavior is LDS Tools doing a abnormal close of the application. You can find the Crash Log by doing the following

Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod (apple device) to your computer and synchronize it with the iTunes application. You will find the crash log at the following location.

OS X
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<your iPhone’s name>/

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<your iPhone’s name>\

This can be sent to the LDS Tools development team LDSToolsSupport@ldschurch.org.

Doug

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”