Online Scripture Journal: Tags, Notebooks, Sorting

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
alanfarnes

Online Scripture Journal: Tags, Notebooks, Sorting

Post by alanfarnes »

This is just some suggestions for things that are not currently available and that I would like to see available. They do not seem like things that would be difficult.

1. Unless I am wrong, I cannot link one text to another text on the online version of the scriptures. I can place a link on my mobile device (iPhone) but not online. These should be streamlined. This sentence was updated to correct a mistake.

2. Unless I am wrong, there is no way to set a default notebook and so any undefined note will be filed in unassigned items. There should be a way to assign a default notebook. Personally, because I like to be organized, I would rather have all of my notes default to Journal. Or I would like to be able to change the name of Unassigned to Miscellaneous or something.

3. Unless I am wrong, the default sorting for notes within a tag is Most Recently Edited. I know that you can drag and arrange the notes within a notebook. I think it should be possible to have different sorting options for notes within each notebook. For example: Most Recently Edited; Order in which any associated scripture appears in the scriptures (this would be my preferred sort--if a note highlights or contains a passage from genesis then I would want that before the notes on the new testament and before the notes on the Book of Mormon with others being sorted below like Duty to God or manual highlights. Basically the same organization in the scriptures); there are other sort options (length; alphabetical; etc.) but these two I think would be the most popular and I would like to be able to choose which sorting option I use.
benjam

Re: Online Scripture Journal: Tags, Notebooks, Sorting

Post by benjam »

I completely agree. I was under the impression by something I found online that the link functionality was going to be added to the web version sometime last year, but I haven't seen it yet.
brianfurse

Post by brianfurse »

For what it's worth, I would love to see the ability to create cross references on the web as well, to link notes to other notes, whether they are scriptures or sections from other material. Hopefully that functionality will be added soon.
glen5474

Post by glen5474 »

I would like to arrange notebooks in alphabetical order.
xdxaxvxex

Post by xdxaxvxex »

I would like to be able to arrange tags in the order of the scriptures
scottrileyjones

Post by scottrileyjones »

Agree. There is so much more we could do to extract and organize all this personalized doctrinal data.
evalcalderon

Post by evalcalderon »

I would like to have see the ability to customized the order of the tags by alphabetical or users' own custom order.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”