Latest Calendar Does Not Download

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Latest Calendar Does Not Download

Post by lajackson »

Having now crossed the magical time change that causes so much grief to some mobile folks, I did a fresh data download to my mobile device.

After the download, I noticed that the current calendar did not download to my mobile device Saturday. I got an older version of many of the events in the download.

I tried again, and the same thing happened. The download I get is the way the calendar looked about two weeks ago. It does not include recent changes that have been made at LDS.org to the website version of the calendar.

Any ideas? My device, or a problem with the online Calendar feed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Latest Calendar Does Not Download

Post by russellhltn »

I'll assume you are downloading directly from lds.org and not via an intermediate service (like Google).

I'd dump the sync to a file (by pasting the URL into a browser) and look for the missing events. That will tell you if it's a lds.org problem or a iOS one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Latest Calendar Does Not Download

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I'll assume you are downloading directly from lds.org and not via an intermediate service (like Google).

I'd dump the sync to a file (by pasting the URL into a browser) and look for the missing events. That will tell you if it's a lds.org problem or a iOS one.
LDS Tools does not give me a URL. When I tell it to update data, it updates everything, including the calendar. The only option I have is to show 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.

None of the calendar items are missing. Changes made to the date and time of several meetings that were made at LDS.org over two weeks ago are not reflected in the updated data. The old meeting dates and times still display.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”