Send Message Issue

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dpenrod75

Send Message Issue

Post by dpenrod75 »

Went I broadcast a message to the stake an e-mail gets sent to someone who's e-mail address is nowhere to be found in the stake's membership data; however, there is an e-mail address that is a close match. I don't want to actually display the real addresses here, but these examples show what I am talking about:

Guy from internet (not a member of church or stake): mr.person@gmail.com
Guy in MLS (is a member and is in stake): mrperson@gmail.com

I have exported the stake's membership data (cvs) and did extensive searches via MS Excel with the find tool and sorting columns and there is no mr.person@gmail.com in there anywhere, but this person still gets my broadcast messages.

Is the send message function inserting a dot after the mr?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Send Message Issue

Post by russellhltn »

Is mrperson@gmail.com a real and active email address? It's possible it doesn't exist so Google is routing it to the closest match.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dpenrod75 wrote:Is the send message function inserting a dot after the mr?
The gmail system ignores dots in email addresses. So mr.person@gmail.com and mrperson@gmail.com are the exact same address. See this gmail support article.
dpenrod75

Post by dpenrod75 »

thanks...

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”