Last name cannot be changed

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
stefanielynn73

Last name cannot be changed

Post by stefanielynn73 »

My directory profile has my last name wrong. it changed when I recently married. We have talked to our ward clerk numerous times and he has attempted to fix it but it keeps reverting back to the wrong name. What can we do to fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Last name cannot be changed

Post by russellhltn »

If your last name is different from your husband's I don't think the directory does a good job of supporting that.

If that's not the issue, then the clerk needs to find all the fields where the last same is set and update them. If he's having problems, then he can either check in with the stake clerk (who is responsible for training) or come to the forum where we can give him some pointers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Last name cannot be changed

Post by techgy »

stefanielynn73 wrote:My directory profile has my last name wrong. it changed when I recently married. We have talked to our ward clerk numerous times and he has attempted to fix it but it keeps reverting back to the wrong name. What can we do to fix this?
One suggestion would be to check and be sure that the marriage was properly recorded in the MLS program.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”