Another found wedding ring

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
RayMcAllister

Another found wedding ring

Post by RayMcAllister »

I wanted to share excerpts of an email message to our ward list serve (and my response) to see if you folks have any ideas. Is my suggestion a possible next step? How would we contact church records?

Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:30 AM
To: Bishop
Subject: Re: [DW]: Found Wedding Band

This is a case for church records in Salt Lake City. They could search the entire church membership database for that wedding date, then narrow the search to initials that match, then to members who lived in the Washington DC area in the 2008 time frame.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2013, at 9:34 PM, ______ wrote:
This is being forwarded from the Stake President.

Dear Brethren,
In doing some house keeping, the Managers at the Storehouse came across a wedding band. It is a gold ring, a simple band, found on the truck to Winchester by the members who unloaded it. This apparently happened in May 2008. The band has the initials S.W.B. and the date 8/29/81 inscribed on the inside.
While this is a "cold case", we thought to bring it to your attention in hopes that it might trigger a thought about to whom the ring might belong.
Warmest regards,
_________
Oakton Stake
allenjpl

Re: Another found wedding ring

Post by allenjpl »

I'm not sure the church records are even set up for that kind of search. I'd announce it in sacrament meeting, ask anyone who might have an idea to speak to the bishopric, and let it go. There's no way of telling when the ring might have been lost.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Another found wedding ring

Post by russellhltn »

RayMcAllister wrote:I wanted to share excerpts of an email message to our ward list serve
"Ward list serve"?

As for the wedding ring, you can call Local Unit Support and see if they can do anything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”