MLS and CDOL sync

Discussions about other Church websites
dsrnewell

MLS and CDOL sync

Post by dsrnewell »

I am a branch president trying to order a temple recommend book through church distribution services. However, the mailing address listed with church distribution service (which they say is pulled from CDOL) is out-dated. I checked CDOL and it had the old address. MLS has the up-to-date address. What do I need to do to get this address in CDOL so I can place my order?
Biggles

Re: MLS and CDOL sync

Post by Biggles »

I ordered mine by telephoning Distribution Services direct. From the UK that is 00800 2950 2950 and following the prompts.

If you are in the USA, I'm sure someone will be able to post the number there!

If the address is incorrect in CDOL, it might be worth pointing that out to whomever you speak to!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dsrnewell wrote:I am a branch president. . . .
What do I need to do to get this address in CDOL
As the branch president, you should be able to log into CDOL and change it.

Give it a workday or two for someone to process it, and then call LDS Distribution again.

Another way is to make a small change on your membership record address in MLS, save it, then change it back and do a Send/Receive. That should also trigger a change to your address in CDOL.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Another way is to make a small change on your membership record address in MLS, save it, then change it back and do a Send/Receive. That should also trigger a change to your address in CDOL.
I'm not sure as that works. It seems to take a LCR filed by the stake.

But I do think that one should be able to edit their own. But trying to find the edit button is tricky. You have to pull up your detailed profile and then you can find it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure as that works. It seems to take a LCR filed by the stake.
But the stake cannot change the address. MLS pulls it from the membership record and the address fields cannot be changed.

It may be that if the change MR option is used, the stake would then have to resubmit the information, but I doubt it.

Yes, it is convoluted to edit at CDOL, and things have changed since I looked, but one of our leaders did it successfully not too long ago.
dsrnewell

Post by dsrnewell »

Thanks for the help everyone! I went into CDOL and looked up myself in the directory and noticed an "Edit Assignment" button in the upper right-hand corner of my information. I clicked on that and could edit my address, phone, etc. However, after I clicked "Save" it seemed to save the information, but said in the upper left-hand corner "Unpublished Changes." So I am not sure if or when the new information will be accessible to those taking the temple recommend book orders or others on CDOL for that matter. I will try later today and see what happens and reply to this forum if the address change was reflected for them or not.

Thanks again for the help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dsrnewell wrote:but said in the upper left-hand corner "Unpublished Changes."
Someone at CHQ may have to review it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dsrnewell

Post by dsrnewell »

Yes, it worked! I updated my information in CDOL and a few hours later tried to order and my new address was in their records!

Thank you all so much for the help!

Return to “Other Websites”