Creating calendar--Unique calendar name required error

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
doncarl

Creating calendar--Unique calendar name required error

Post by doncarl »

Hello, I can't seem to create a new private calendar for my ward. I enter all the information as instructed in the video tutorial, but it then tells me "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save.The name of the calendar is required to be unique." With the highlighted area being the area of the calendar name of course.

Help please.

Don Huish
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Creating calendar--Unique calendar name required error

Post by russellhltn »

Chances are there's already a calendar by that name. You may not be able to see it, or it may be waiting for deletion.

Another possibility is that perhaps you're using a character in it's name that's not allowed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

doncarl wrote:Hello, I can't seem to create a new private calendar for my ward. I enter all the information as instructed in the video tutorial, but it then tells me "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save.The name of the calendar is required to be unique." With the highlighted area being the area of the calendar name of course.
Are you trying to add other editors at the same time you are adding the calendar? Last time I created a private calendar I got that error as well. When I tried creating it first with only myself as editor and then adding additional editors after creation, it worked.
doncarl

Post by doncarl »

Thanks russellhltn and eblood66. I tried different names but still not accepted. Then I erased the viewer/editors and tried to create and that worked. You hit the nail on the head eblood66, thanks again.

Return to “Calendar”