Leader Resources on LDS Tools for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jkdehner

Leader Resources on LDS Tools for Android

Post by jkdehner »

I am not able to access any Leader Resources on my Android Phone. Others in our bishopric are able to access them on their iPhone/iPad. Is this aspect of LDS Tools just not developed for the Android platform as of yet???
johnshaw

Re: Leader Resources on LDS Tools for Android

Post by johnshaw »

That is correct. The most recent build has the framework on place I think we'll see it pretty soon.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I downloaded the snapshot build from today (1.6.0.0), and it includes the Action and Interview List as well as detailed info on each member. It requires setting a PIN to additionally protect the data.
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

I have version 2.0.5.0 installed on a new Android Phone, and I don't see everything other members of the bishopric see on their iPhones. When will this be updated so they are separate but equal?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

KeithWilson wrote:I have version 2.0.5.0 installed on a new Android Phone, and I don't see everything other members of the bishopric see on their iPhones. When will this be updated so they are separate but equal?
You can download the "Latest Build" (2.2.0.0) right now from the Android LDS Mobile Tester page if you want to see those features (I'm not sure that the Android features are exactly the same as on the iPhone, but v2.2.0.0 has many more features than 2.0.5.0).

I don't know why it's taking so long for this development version to become an official release; it's been in the works for a few months. But if you're anxious to get the new features, this will give you a way to have them on your phone before the official release.
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

Thanks! it works great.
benfrankyc

Post by benfrankyc »

I'm new to LDS Tech, so I apologize if this suggestion should be posted elsewhere.

I think our ward councils meetings could be so much more productive if we had easy access to home and visiting teaching information through Leader Resources on LDS Tools. Then, we could quickly look up who we need to assign to reach out to a member in need, even when their leader may be absent from Ward Council that day.

Ideally, we would also love priesthood office information. We have a lot of new members in our ward (I'd estimate at least a third of our ward joined the church within the last ten years), and it's hard to keep track of who is eligible to bless, prepare, or pass the sacrament.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

benfrankyc wrote:I think our ward councils meetings could be so much more productive if we had easy access to home and visiting teaching information through Leader Resources on LDS Tools. Then, we could quickly look up who we need to assign to reach out to a member in need, even when their leader may be absent from Ward Council that day.
This is basically the same as your request in the Directory forum. The answer is the same -- until the Church's online systems support home/visiting teaching, it can't be part of LDS Tools for mobile devices.
benfrankyc wrote:Ideally, we would also love priesthood office information. We have a lot of new members in our ward (I'd estimate at least a third of our ward joined the church within the last ten years), and it's hard to keep track of who is eligible to bless, prepare, or pass the sacrament.
I'm not sure what you mean by "we". Priesthood office information is already available in LDS Tools. But that information is visible only to people with certain callings, such as bishopric, stake presidency, and clerks. If you have one of those callings, then you just need to look in the Ordinances section for an individual's information. If you don't have one of those callings, then you are basically asking that the access permissions be changed for certain callings.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:... then you are basically asking that the access permissions be changed for certain callings.
And that isn't likely to happen. Access permissions for membership information follow the guidance in the Handbook.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Access permissions for membership information follow the guidance in the Handbook.
Which section? I think the question is that ward councils are all leaders, why is it only the Bishopric that can see everyone? I haven't seen why EQ and RS presidencies are not included.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”