New Phone Droid Razor HD Maxx

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
kdroe

New Phone Droid Razor HD Maxx

Post by kdroe »

I have a new phone and Gospel Library automatically came over. However it is not recognizing the content on my SD card. Is there anyway to make this happen or do I start over from scratch with downloads, bookmarks and highlights?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Phone Droid Razor HD Maxx

Post by russellhltn »

I have a Droid 4. One of the quirks is that there are two "SD cards" - an internal and a external. The external is the real SD card. You may be looking at the wrong "SD card". You can use a file manager to copy/move the files from the external to the internal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kdroe

Post by kdroe »

I pulled the SD from my old phone. I can see the files on the external SD. The gospel app on the old phone now says missing SD card so I think I have the right card just not recognizing the files.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kdroe wrote:I pulled the SD from my old phone. I can see the files on the external SD. The gospel app on the old phone now says missing SD card so I think I have the right card just not recognizing the files.
The old phone is not the question. The question is the new phone. The app is probably looking at the internal "SD Card" and not finding the files. That's what I went though with some of my apps when I upgraded. Once I copied the directory from the external to the internal - all is well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kdroe

Post by kdroe »

Get an error when I try to move gospel library folder from external to internal drive. I delete the empty folder from internal try and move existing from removable and it gives an error. I have not started downloading scriptures or ensigns yet - would that make a difference?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No idea. For Gospel LIbrary, I think I just downloaded everything over again. What I advised is what I did for other non-LDS apps.

kdroe

Post by kdroe »

Thanks for your help. I had to uninstall gospel library delete the exiting files in device storage move files to device from external card then re-install library.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”