Online Finacial training

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
surf40

Online Finacial training

Post by surf40 »

I’m having a hard time finding the online financial training. I’ve been asked by the Stake Pres to make sure a new Bishop and his counselors watch the “Financial Training video” as an action from their last financial audit. My official calling is “Assistant Stake Clerk for membership” so I’m not seeing any financial training when I log into LDS.org (I do see Stake Clerk training!). Is there a way I can get to it without having a “financial” calling?

Also, the ward that I’m helping is not very computer literate, is there a way I could just send them a link to the training without having the bishopric having to log in and navigate to the training. That won’t happen unless I’m standing over their shoulder, and I’d rather they just do it at home.

Any help would be appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Online Finacial training

Post by aebrown »

surf40 wrote:I’m having a hard time finding the online financial training. I’ve been asked by the Stake Pres to make sure a new Bishop and his counselors watch the “Financial Training video” as an action from their last financial audit.
A similar question was addressed in the topic Financial Clerk Training - Audit Question.
surf40 wrote:My official calling is “Assistant Stake Clerk for membership” so I’m not seeing any financial training when I log into LDS.org (I do see Stake Clerk training!). Is there a way I can get to it without having a “financial” calling?
No, training is visible only to those with the corresponding calling.
surf40 wrote:Also, the ward that I’m helping is not very computer literate, is there a way I could just send them a link to the training without having the bishopric having to log in and navigate to the training.
If you can navigate to the training, then you can just click on the article and capture the URL for that article and send it to them as a link (note that there are multiple articles that fall in the category of "Financial Training"). If they try to follow the link and are not signed in to LDS.org, they will be prompted to sign in. If they don't have permission to see the article, they will then receive an error message.
surf40

Re: Online Finacial training

Post by surf40 »

aeBrown, Thanks for the help. The links you referenced in the other thread work great, but I'm not allowed to navigate to the same page with my "Stake Membership Clerk" calling, I can only jump directly with the link. So, nice to have the link, which I can send to the bishopric!

Thanks again

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”