Forking threads

Ask questions and discuss topics of interest related to the FamilySearch wiki found at http://wiki.familysearch.org.

Moderator: ForbesMM

RitcheyMT

Forking threads

Post by RitcheyMT »

I'm having a problem; maybe y'all can help me figure a solution. When I discuss an idea in this forum, some users inject unrelated ideas into the thread that should actually be separate threads. I want to fork their comments into a new thread but don't know how. Is there a way to do this?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

ritcheymt wrote:I'm having a problem; maybe y'all can help me figure a solution. When I discuss an idea in this forum, some users inject unrelated ideas into the thread that should actually be separate threads. I want to fork their comments into a new thread but don't know how. Is there a way to do this?
You must have at least Moderator privileges. Tom W. is the one to talk to about that.
RitcheyMT

Post by RitcheyMT »

mkmurray wrote:You must have at least Moderator privileges. Tom W. is the one to talk to about that.
Thx; I am a moderator.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

ritcheymt wrote:Thx; I am a moderator.
Oh, I didn't think somebody with the Group Status of "Member" could be a Moderator.

If that's the case, then you should be able to put check marks on the top right of each post that you want to separate from the current thread. Then at the bottom, you should have a drop down box called "Moderation" that allows you to "Move Posts" to a different and/or new thread.

Hope that helps.
RitcheyMT

Post by RitcheyMT »

mkmurray wrote:Oh, I didn't think somebody with the Group Status of "Member" could be a Moderator.

If that's the case, then you should be able to put check marks on the top right of each post that you want to separate from the current thread. Then at the bottom, you should have a drop down box called "Moderation" that allows you to "Move Posts" to a different and/or new thread.

Hope that helps.
LOL. I noticed my Group Status of "Member" right after I sent the post saying I am a moderator. :o
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Try it now. Your primary group was still "Registered User", not moderator.

Tom

Return to “FamilySearch Wiki”