How to get support?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
matiabryson

How to get support?

Post by matiabryson »

I contacted support through my LDS account via the webform about an issue I am having that I believe is unique to my account. I contacted them a week ago and I have heard nothing; not even a message acknowledging they received my support request.

So, what do I do next? Be more patient, lower my expectations (e.g. give up), or re-submit my request through the webform?

Or are there other avenues for support like an email address or a telephone number?

(I am having issues in my account in getting to my Notes & Journal. When I try to visit https://lds.org/study-tools/folders I get a 404 Page Not Found error. Other people are not having this problem.)
johnshaw

Re: How to get support?

Post by johnshaw »

That is a great question! The Church isn't really setup to support members in this way. But you might try calling the Global Service Center 1-800-537-5932.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

matiabryson wrote:I am having issues in my account in getting to my Notes & Journal. When I try to visit https://lds.org/study-tools/folders I get a 404 Page Not Found error. Other people are not having this problem.
Have you tried signing on to the LDS Account web site? If you can sign on to the LDS Account web site then the issue is not with your LDS Account but rather with the Notes and Journal tool or a server. The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client (your computer) was able to communicate with the server, but the server could not find what was requested. This error message may be the result of a myriad of possible causes and therefore is rather cryptic to the user.
matiabryson wrote:I contacted support through my LDS account via the webform...
What webform are you talking about? Is it the Contact Support form found by going through the LDS Account Support page links? If so, it may take a while for LDS Account support to respond to your request for support. They get a lot of support requests daily. Your issue may delay their response because they will try to match your problems with their database of issues and not find anything related to LDS Account.

If the issue is not an LDS Account problem then try sending a message using the feedback link found on the LDS.org home page or any other LDS.org page that has that link. Even that method may take a while to get a response and has been several weeks for some of my feedback requests.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
matiabryson

Post by matiabryson »

Thanks, John, for the idea. I tried the number, and I got a very nice brother on the line who suggested I try it on other browsers and computers, which I did, but no luck.

He also suggested (as did Jdlessley above, and thanks for the detailed reply) that for technical issues like this, that after logging in to my LDS account I should select "All Tools" and click "do you have feedback on this page" and use that web form to contact the technical team. I have done that, and I am hoping for a reply soon.

(Before I had used the web form under Account Settings, then Help, then "What if my issue is not listed here?," then "contact our support team.")

Return to “Church Account”